Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 16, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,
I guess it's time for another update. Mom came home last Wednesday. We were worried about keeping her oxygen level high with the equipment that we had, but it seems that things are stable. A nurse comes in every day to check her everyday and her oxygen level has been above 90. Jenny came down on Wednesday and put her student teaching on hold. She has been taking care of my mom 24 hours a day ever since. She will need to finish up her student teaching, but the university seems to be working well with her. Another piece of exciting news is that John was able to come home. My dad believes that the Lord sent him home. He is here until Tuesday (the 24th) and after that he will return and finish up the remaining four months of his mission. The timing for him actually works out really well because he just had surgery on his arm and was holding back his companion anyway. His presence has been wonderful and uplifting. Yesterday, we met as a family and he was able to give my mom a blessing. Nathan gave my dad a much needed blessing as well. It was a beautiful day and my mom had more energy and looked better than she has since she came home from the hospital. She is still not sleeping at night and has very little appetite. There are a few other concerns that we have, but we are just taking it a day at a time. We still have much hope and are praying for a miracle. We actually had a small miracle this morning - she was able to walk around the bed this morning. Many of you have asked what you can do. Your prayers are very much needed and appreciated. My mom is in need of constant care, but we as family and taking care of her needs for now. We will let you know if there is ever a need for others to come in and be with her. We still need to limit visitors as it wears it her out to talk to people. Her energy needs to be saved for recovery purposes and and so she is able to talk her boys when they get home from school. Thanks for all your love.

1 comment:

  1. I was not holding my companion back Kara! I was still working hard. But yes it's true the Lord sent me home the mission president called me Friday and asked if I wanted to go home now, in a couple of days or a week.

    Elder John Southwick

    ReplyDelete